OK, I've been doing some thinking about Joe's post about Ray Lewis/ASAP and his sponsorship money which was allegedly given to the Chamber of Commerce for the Salisbury Festival. He said in that article :
"The word has been spreading about Ray Lewis sponsoring the Salisbury Festival. I've been told that Brad Belachicco (sp?) stated that Ray Lewis has not been indicted and that's why they accepted his sponsorship."
Shortly following that post was a letter from Mark McIver, chairman of the Chamber's Crime Reduction Task Force. In that letter, Mr. McIver stated "As of today, the Salisbury Chamber of Commerce did not receive or accept any payment for sponsorship from Mr. Lewis or ASAP"
It recently occured to me, that I have seen Mr. McIver's name before on Joe's blog. This is the gentleman who, with his wife, hosted a Victory Party for Andy Harris (March 2). Albero attended this event. Just before that, Mrs. McIver sent a letter in to Joe for publication (February 9) because she had yet to see it in the Daily Times. When sending it, she thanked Joe for his truthfulness.
It would appear that Joe is close enough to Mr.McIver to have gone directly to him to confirm the information that he had heard "on the street". Again, publishing half-truths to get a rise out of the public. I can only wonder if Mrs. McIver is still confident of Joe's "truthfulness."
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is why we missed you so much for those couple of dark days!! Excellent research!
WOW!!!!! You go Shooter!!!! My how things slowly become uncovered. I think we are really starting to see how JJ is no better then any politician. Talk about own personal gain.
Things that make you say...Hmmmmmm....
;)
Haywood! Back atcha!
Post a Comment