Monday, October 6, 2008

Monkey Barrel Brawl

Now both Joe and The Daily Times refer to SU's Football team being involved in the fights at the Monkey Barrel.  When I compared the names of those arrested, shown in the Daily Times, with the team roster, NONE were members of the football team.  Now were they attacked or did they start it?  Joe wants you to believe his slant that they started it.  If so, why wasn't any of them arrested?  Or do you feel there is a cover up going on for the team and coaches, that were supposedly involved?  Who was there and willing to share what they saw.

UPDATE
I finally found them on SU's 2007 roster.  The school was quick to remove them from the 2008 roster. Why did they remove them?  See Delmarvanow.com for more information.  But here is there pictures and info from 2007 SU Roster on their website. Listed Jersey #, name, position, class as of 2007, hometown

#1 Justin Acker, DB, JR, Bowie MD




#9 Tom Fountaine, DG, JR, Philadelphia PA













#17 Reggie Gooch, DB, SH, Laurel MD














#49 Justin Sykes, DB, JR, Hanover MD














#59 Marcel McCain, LB, JR, Baltimore MD

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see any of the names listed on the roster either. I hope the DT is right. They can be sued if they are incorrect. SBYnews need only say, "Opps, my source must have been wrong, and, well, I am only opinionated.

http://www.suseagulls.com/sports/fball/2008-09/roster

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

Looks like we both missed them Anon 3:37. But I will admit my mistakes and still ask what is SU doing?

Anonymous said...

Heh....all jigs. What a surprise!

Anonymous said...

Ah. I did not look at the 2007 roster. What a shame that these players did not put their team first. Can SU impose punishment before they are found guilty in a court of law? I would certainly think at the very least they will be suspended from the team.

Anonymous said...

The pictures says it all.

Anonymous said...

You need to remove these pictures. I'm a regular reader who agrees with your mission to oppose and expose albero, but you putting up these pics is too much like something he would do. This is a non-story anyway. it's a way for him to get "hits". Gee, college students get in a fight at a bar. Big deal. Don't become what you are fighting against!!!

Anonymous said...

You can still find their names when you click on the box scores.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

JC and d ruts m,
I wanted to reject your comments but will not censor like other sites. I will say you have no base for your comments, if you remember the lacrosse incident, they were white. Alcohol induced dumbness knows no color.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

Anon 9:46,
It is not so much about Joe on this but the fact that SU is trying to sweep things under the rug. When they can answer why they quickly removed them from the 2008 roster, I'll consider it. These pictures would look far better then the booking photos from that night.
What I see in these pictures are young men who could be excellent role models and contributors to their communities, but they allowed a lapse of good judgement ruin their future. If convicted SU will more than likely terminate their enrollment and all the time and money they and their families have spent will be wasted. Can they recover from this mistake. Yes if they are not habitual offenders and truly seek help. It is up to them what they do from here on, for they chose this pass and must travel thru this valley. Hopefully they will rise from it like others have done before, but only they can make that decision.

Anonymous said...

You useless, wrothless piece of shit. Albero was right the whole time and you went after him full speed and you were wrong. F&$k this blog.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

To continue your comment about college students getting into a fight at a bar, big deal. It became a big deal when they refused to end it and involved 5 or more police agencies to end it for them. It is one thing to fight it out and end it when the time had come, letting it go. They allowed the alcohol to continue to control their decisions and it has made it a big deal!

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

Anon 10:04 or Joe,
I didn't go just after Joe. I did admit I was wrong (ever hear that from him?). I'm glad you stopped by and have sexual ideas about us, but I don't think I'm game for your type. Have a nice day and please stay away if you can.

Anonymous said...

Cuff,

I wasn't talking about the Lacrosse players, I was talking about the case at hand. You can try to be politically correct all you want but you were an LEO like me - you know the truth. You know the statistics. If you have 400 white people at a club the odds are you'll have no problems. If you have 400 A/A's at a club you will have fights, shots fired, stabbings and the like. It's just the way it is.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

JC,
Why don't you e-mail at cuffnstuff@bigstring.com. and we LEO's can talk shop. I've seen gathering back North of Italians that ended in blood shed as well as the Latino, so they are not the only ones to have problems.

Anonymous said...

Cuff,

I believe the gatherings you speak of were likely gang related. Yes? Most times (imho) in the A/A communities, gang affiliations are not a pre-requisite for violence. All that is necessary is a party, a concert, or anything like that and the potential for violence is high.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

JC,
Most gatherings here that have erupted in violence were gang related as well. The colleges here draw from the larger cities and along with the local gangs that are in place here, it makes for powder kegs rather than beer keg parties.

Anonymous said...

"All that is necessary is a party, a concert, or anything like that and the potential for violence is high."


You forgot to mention winning or losing a blacketball game.

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

d ruts m,
Why to poor taste in your typo. It makes you look like Joe.

Anonymous said...

Cuff, did you notice that d ruts m spelled backward is "Ms Turd"?

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?