Where does the Recall Petition Drive Stand, is the headline for Joe's latest post. Joe has this to say:
"I met with Jordan Reisman last week and discussed the Recall Petition Drive against the Mayor, Louise Smith and Gary Comegys. Quite frankly, I didn't feel comfortable that I was being told the truth."
Yeah, I didn't think so either weeks ago. But, Joe stood up for Little Jordy and encouraged everyone to do the same. I don't think Joe thought things through carefully enough before offering his help.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks, I was wondering where this issue stood. I didn't think it possible that a student could possibly follow through with a civic goal.
I tried to have a behind the scenes email conversation with Jordan, and what was evident then, and what is obvious now. He is nothing but a Republican hack who looked around and decided to try to make a name for himself by pulling the same negative tactics that other Republican hacks in the area have employed to varying degrees of success. He gave no insight to having any significant political or leadership skills. Of course Little Joey didn’t care or seem to notice.
Hey, I am all for being headstrong and going for what you want, but if you aren’t going to listen to others who are offering advice, you better hope that the ones you are listening to, this case it was Little Joey and the Campbell/Cohen crowd, are on point. It wasn’t so in this case. They will throw anything at a wall to see what will stick. I remember when I started reading the blogs, everyone was against the Mayor. Now, everyone is against the Mayor but there is a schism that has been formed between those who are against her for philosophical reason (Duvafiles, GP) and those who have a personal vendetta and will stop at nothing to obtain a specific outcome even if it means becoming worse then what they originally detested (GA Harrison and Little Joey, as well as Campbell/Cohen).
Worst of all is that he dragged SU students into this with his completely dishonest pitch. He had no intentions to make life better for the students, but instead to set the stage for a Republican candidate. Ironically, in the end, the Mayor can run on the fact that the students are against her, thereby insinuating that she is keeping them in check.
It also proves that there are very few people on the Eastern Shore that have political instincts. I really need to start selling my expertise to the higher bidder and stop giving it away.
This issue stand at the same place as the skate park; nowhere.
Just another flash in the pan that Jo-boy though he could exploit.
Post a Comment