Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Engines



Ok boys and girls. I wasn't ignoring Joe's "2 new firetrucks" post, I was simply gathering more information do I could write a halfway intelligent post.

Reliable sources say that the only apparatus ordered thus far is the 95 foot tower ladder. Funding has been requested for FY09 for two engines and a quint. They may also possibly be in a position to purchase a second quint. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ORDERED! So no, Joe didn't scoop the Daily Times. Better check again with your inside informant, Joe. They are wrong.

I have been told that age, maintenance issues and poor performance is the reason for wanting the replacements. American LaFrance has one again filed Chapter 11 and parts are very scarce. That poses an obvious difficulty is keeping those engines running.

As far as the black over red, I personally think they look sharp (see above pics). At the current time, however, I do not think that a definite decision has been made regarding the change. As you can see from the pictures above, I think there is enough red to still say "stop!" LOL. I wonder if Joe looked at a picture before he said that stupid shit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, great intel Shooter! You prove daily what an un-educated and ill-informed piece of shit the idiot Albero is.

Anonymous said...

Shooter you are so on top of it.

Joe Albero you need to seek help. You are a sick man. You need to seek professional help before you hurt someone.

Do you see how he is responding to comments now. WoW!!! The man is close to going off the deep end. It won't be long until he blows.

I bet today he will catch someone speeding again today.

Chuck Norris said...

The black helps the LED light bar stand out more during the day, therefore better safety.

I like it.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if jo-boy spent more time in his beloved low tax delaware he would see these two pieces and know what they look like.

What a loser.

Anonymous said...

I work in a county that has lime, red, red-over-white, red with white stripe, all white, white with black stripe, white with red stripe, black-over-yellow, white with green stripe, maroon and gold, silver-over-black, to name a few. There is nothing, from on the street experience, that has proven to me that color has an impact on safety. The biggest affects to apparatus safety are the use of all warning devices and the proper and legal operation by the driver.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I dunno. My seeing eye dog didn't recognize the vehicles in the photos as fire trucks. This has me concerned he won't be able to warn me in time while I'm out driving around.

Inside Looking Out said...

From my sources, which are fairly reliable, the only thing that has even been slightly approached for actual ordering(which means it's NOT actually been ordered yet) is the Aerial Platform(hope I spelled it right).

To anyones knowledge, the fire engines are in some sort of planned time frame for replacement and that is next year, not this year.

I was told as for the Quint(whatever that is), the one at the Naylor Street station needs replacing now because it's constantly being repaired, but the Beaglin Park Dr. station is suppose to get one.

P.S. As for the colors used, the lights are what catch my eyes when I'm driving, not the color of the truck. I will say that I do like the 2 trucks shown.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?