Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Exclusive?

News Exclusive? The other blog claims to have an "exclusive" report on the Red Wolf pups which were born at the Salisbury Zoo over the weekend. An exclusive, by definition (when referring to journalism), is; "Information provided to or available from only one news outlet, such as an interview or a photograph."

Hate to tell the author, but when The Daily Times has the same information AND the same photograph, there was no exclusive.

The picture in The Daily Times was noted as being a Salisbury Zoo picture. I'm sure that the author obtained permission from the zoo to use that picture. The least he could have done, however, was give credit.     .

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the wording of the post as well...compare to the DT article - section about introducing pups to wild.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, that asshole did not take the photos himself. We all know his "past history" with the Zoo and his court order not to set foot on the property.

Anonymous said...

No one goes to the daily times website any more. It takes too long even with high speed internet service.

Salisbury News is the best blog around and they're way ahead of the Daily Times. Joe broke this news yesterday, he was exclusive. Today he added pictures and all you want to do is bitch about it.

Maybe you don't see your obsession for the man, I do.

Anonymous said...

Exclusively in his own mind. That must be what he means :)

Anonymous said...

maybe he trained something to take a picture for him. Can you get a horse's ass to do that?

Anonymous said...

"Can you get a horse's ass to do that?"

The answer is YES. Shooter actually posted of picture of it the day Joe Albero was arrested. It was sitting in a BMW clicking away.

Anonymous said...

anon 2:21

What is your obsession with this site? You seem to peek in quite often.

Joe Friday said...

So, Anon221. Are you saying that the DT stole the other blogger's words? Also, I'm not disputing that the news may have been "breaking"...but it was DEFINITELY not exclusive.

Anonymous said...

Anon 2:21 I go to that web site everyday. The page loads quite quickly with DSL.

"Maybe you don't see your obsession for the man, I do."

Looks like the green-eyed monster is rearing it's ugly head again.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you all need to get a life! I've been reading all of your "pro-Maryland" websites in the same way I read Joe's, and you all just seem to be perched on the edges of your seats, hoping for something, anything, to complain about on Joe's site. Do you not recognize that you all have become what you claim to despise? The only difference is that Joe has multiple targets, and you have one. It is getting boring. And yes, I know I don't have to read your websites, so save yourselves that gem of advice. Consider this my advice to either take or leave as you see fit(I know, probably leave), but I used to like reading a bunch of these sites before they became so petty.

gullninetytwo said...

Just like other "news" that Joe broke yesterday, including Tom Ruark's "bankruptcy". And "news" that he "broke" today, like the closing of the Home Depot? Duh, Home Depot announced store closings a week ago, and stated at that time exactly which 15 stores they were closing! (BTW, Salisbury was not on the list). Publicly traded companies don't f around with things like this.

So forgive me if I'm a bit underwhelmed if Joe posted a press release from the zoo before the DT. Big f'ing deal.

Anonymous said...

"Hey Shorty, caught you peeking again!"

How about that BK North lunch with LicksBallz? That's right fatboy, you're still due the "whopper!"

I thought you gave up visiting these sites? Or was it you gave up the Park N Ride? Nah, that's not happening!

Anonymous said...

Anon 3:10 Maybe you can try Perez Hilton or TMZ for a while it sounds like you need a change.

Anonymous said...

I knew about it on saturday and if I am correct. The photos he has on his site came from a Salisbury Zoo camera and not even the DT staff. So there is someone that the Zoo sent the photos too that is in bed with the enemy.

Anonymous said...

Shooter:

That 2:21 comment is a bulls-eye, and you're dead meat, kiddo. Time to chill out, like Albero has!

Anonymous said...

Hey anon 221, your a dick.
the only pics released was pics the zoo staff took. Not Joeblow, FJA, and if you love that dick so much stop coming to the good blogs, go suck Joeys ass.

so F*** you and FUJA

Anonymous said...

anon 310, GO AWAY, you are an asshole, if you dont like it dont come to it.....
what are you Joeys little beotch????

Anonymous said...

Anon 3:43,

Clear evidence that your level of discourse is sooo much better than Joe's! You are a true genius and a witty social critic.

Anonymous said...

Anon 3:24,

I have to admit, you are probably right!

Joe Friday said...

Dead meat, eh? Is this a conspiracy? Are you planning my murder and will then have the FREAK stand over my casket? LOL. I beleive that I can say what I want here. If any of you have been reading frm the beginning, nothing has changed. I've been busting the other guy's chops now for quite some time. I'm a scorpion too...it's what I do. LOL

Anonymous said...

"So forgive me if I'm a bit underwhelmed if Joe posted a press release from the zoo before the DT. Big f'ing deal."

Think about what you're saying. Here's a guy booted from the Zoo and he's got their press releases and photos before the main stream media. Give the guy props people, he's way ahead of any of you.

For a guy who can't be there and is shunned off by the Zoo, I'd say I'm overwhelmed by his abilities.

Anonymous said...

"I knew about it on saturday and if I am correct."

Talk about liars. They weren't born till Sunday. Can you say, obsessed.

Anonymous said...

You mean you've been obsessed with him for quite some time. Your husband must love you having two men in your life. He must be a real wuss.

Joe Friday said...

OK, for those of you who seem to be slow learners, I will type this slowly. It's not about who got what first. It's about the fact that our "journalist extraordinaire" does not know what the word EXCLUSIVE means.

Joe Friday said...

Apparently you CAN say obsessed. LOL

Anonymous said...

Shooter:

How about spending you spare time on the "Salisbury scams" -- it's that time (budget season) again.
And if that's not enough, how about explaining why the City paid almost twice what the Decker group paid a few months earlier for the swamp-site where the new SFD headquarters has been build. Or why we need 5 new fire apparatus this year, Or why they let the DPL lift station go to capacity.

Sure trashing Albero is more fun and much easier, but it has no real public significance.

PS- and maybe you could report on the latest suit against the owner of the old Salisbury Mall site, or the condo project on Fitzwater that looks like it's belly up time.

Joe Friday said...

Oh, by the way. I HARDLY think my hubby needs to worry about someone like the "other blogger". LOL.

Joe Friday said...

Anon414,
Please refer to my previous post where I think said I wasn't chasing my tail for you anymore regarding the issues already on the table. I have exhausted my efforts on some sort of imaginary scandel that some of you have conjured up in your heads. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Jennifer, but I'll stay underwhelmed. Lifting pictures from web sites is easy. So is claiming credit for the articles attached to them.

Joe is still a little nobody, and that makes you Mrs. Nobody. Accept it, Sweetie; your catch turned out to be a boobie prize. There's no dressing it up.

This can't be news, Jen. After all, what kind of "rich millionaire" has to cruise the trailer courts for a wife?

Things you should've asked before you said "I do", huh?

Luckyduck said...

Shooter, what is the deal with Anon aka JJ going off on here about how "he" is a good "journalist" and has "talent"?

Further more, why cant anon use his/her screen name? Since he/she stands behind his/her words & feelings about Albitcho, whats the problem?

Anonymous said...

Wow....Joe. You and your window lickers need to take their meds again. They are getting violent on here. There is even some grounds for threats being made.

Just spamming Shooter will not stop her. Your threats won't either.

I really appears to everyone on here that she is getting the best of you. Give up Joe. We will keep coming after your erroneous blog. Start printing the truth and dont make yourself look like something you obviously are not.

Go play on your playground little BOY.

Mike W.
From....

Anonymous said...

Looks like Albero's got you by the short hairs Shooter. Better go check out his latest post.

Anonymous said...

BREAKING EXCULSIVE NEWS!!!!!!

THE PICTURES AT THE ZOO WERE TAKEN BY TIM CHANEY'S NEPHEW



ROTFLMAO

Anonymous said...

Check Joe's website out! He's feeling the heat. He's so deluged by people making fun of him and his BS it's practically shut down any cogent commentary on his blog. Almost all he has commenting now are his self created sock-puppets.

He's got one of those classic "Who's this?" posts up, with a pic of the person he wants to go after. Then he's posted sock puppet comments to the thread telling (himself) what a douchebag the guy pictured is. It's like a little puppet theatre!

And of course in the end this is all so he can do his little camera stalker-intimidation dance we've seen so often before.

Will the intimdation tactic work? Let's see.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I knew about it on saturday and if I am correct. The photos he has on his site came from a Salisbury Zoo camera and not even the DT staff. So there is someone that the Zoo sent the photos too that is in bed with the enemy. May 7, 2008 3:35 PM

Anonymous said...
"I knew about it on saturday and if I am correct."

Talk about liars. They weren't born till Sunday. Can you say, obsessed. May 7, 2008 4:04 PM

maybe if you tried to fact check you wouldn't have the problem above but hey you get a lot of hits bashing joe make you feel big doesn't it ¿

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows...Mary Seeman sent out the press release, along with 3 attached pictures, yesterday afternoon...the time stamp on the e-mail says 3:45p...the pictures were of 1 pup, 2 pups, and 5 pups...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention I saw those pictures on WBOC *Monday* night.

...you know, before Joe got his "exclusive" on them.

TomCat said...

WOW! What a tirade! Scary how obsessed with you he is.

Joe Friday said...

"maybe if you tried to fact check you wouldn't have the problem above but hey you get a lot of hits bashing joe make you feel big doesn't it ¿"

I don't think I mentioned when the pups were born. It came in a comment. Apparently, they were born on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

That Wymzie must be a real bigwig among the farmer girls. They are soooo French. Go have another margerita.

o w grant said...

Shooter, you're more of a man than Albero could ever hope to be.

Anonymous said...

Oh noes! He's got "Off the Cuff" pic! Given Joe's insatiable nipple fetish I bet he's disappointed it's not sporting pair of headlights then he could run it again, and again, and yet again, like he does the the Mayor's pic.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?