Monday, May 5, 2008

Will The REAL Photographer Please Stand Up

I am replying to Tim's comment in a post because the links didn't show. I wanted to make sure that Mr. Chaney was able to take a look at all of the info I found. It looks like he needs to call his nephew right away and tell him he needs to get on the net and set things straight right away.

Dear Tim,
What the hell are you talking about? I never said the pictures were a lie...I said your nephew did not take them...UNLESS (if the Black Five post was right), Mr. Walter is your nephew. YOU SAID the date on that 230KB JPEG photo is 8/6/2005 10:31. I'm telling YOU the sandstorm in the pictures occurred in April. I didn't mention Garcia's name...someone else did. IF your nephew is the photographer, is there any particular reason why I can't find credit given to anyone besides this Mr. Walter? Oh wait...here's another site where these pictures are.

This site claims the pics were taken by a Brown and Root employee http://www.willisms.com/archives/2005/05/iraqi_sandstorm.html

On this site, Steve Brown takes credit for the pics
http://mysteve.com/BelieveItorNot/2005/08/sand-storm-in-al-asad-iraq

"Big J & Little E" took credit for them here
http://www.thegtb.co.uk/Powerpoint/iraqsandstorm.pps

Oh wait..another contractor "story".
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=2608

Enough? Can't blame me for being a little skeptical can you?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

bottom line here-
Tim Chaneys nephew did not take these pictures, he knows this and so did Joe albero.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone really care about this except some FOB's.

Shooter: please give us the full story on Salisbury's latest sewer & water snafu -

http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/NEWS01/805060339/1002

You've obviously got a direct contact with the primary players. Tell them to keep those fire engines they want to replace and use them as honey-wagons.

Anonymous said...

That Daily Times article is a "must read" -- a real expose of the gross incompetence of Barrie Tilghman's administration, with the exception of the new public works director (James Caldwell) who is not responsible in this instance. Not even Comegys and Smith can put lipstick on this pig.

And solving this mess will surely burn up a lot more of that fiscal "surplus" that Barrie boasts about.

Joe Friday said...

Why is it obvious that I have a "direct connect"? Ummm, you could make some calls just as well as I can...in fact, maybe that's what you better start doing.

Anonymous said...

Shooter:

Your buddy "Duvafiles" has a good post on the sewer & water mess:

http://duvafiles.blogspot.com/2008/05/govmint-work-in-bury.html

Joe Friday said...

I read the article. It said it was a "recent" discovery. Who discovred it, who should have already known about it and was the problem ever reported to anyone previously? I think that's what needs to be looked at before anyone can point the finger at anyone. I think all of you misunderstand. I am not for or against anyone. I don't think the government is perfect and there are alot of questions that need to be asked. It just seems people aren't asking enough questions before they jump to conclusions.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anon 6:42 and 7:06,
What does this story have to do with Salisbury and the Mayor?

This article that Shooter posted is just showing the public how often the non-truths are posted on the Salisbury News blog. Tim, once again, I thank your nephew for serving our country in Iraq. But one or all three of you are LIAR's!!!

These pictures were taken by a Marine serving in Iraq in April 2005. If you cannot take a step back and publicly apologize for making these false statements. It truly shows how un-American you are!!! Go ahead man-up and apologize. That marine who took those pictures actually did risk their life to do so. And you sick individuals won't even give them credit. Disgusting.

Go ahead reply back I so want to hear what your excuses are.

Oh yeah by the way, I have served, and still do directly support the fighters that have their boots in the sand now.

Mike W.
From the other....

Anonymous said...

yea you are right nobody here in Salisbury ever claimed they thought growth was coming to fast.

what cave did you just crawl out of?

Anonymous said...

Every time Debbbie Campbell and Terry Cohen ask questions, they get vilified! This is yet another example of the mayor making a big mistake precisely because she chose to ignore the questions from Cohen and Campbell, as well as earlier questions from Salisbury citizens. Had she paid attention when this was first brought to her attention, this would not have happened.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mike:

Here (this side) we have a "strong mayor" system. While her troops may be culpable, too, Barrie Tilghman is "responsible" as she so often proclaims while blaming others (Campbell and/or Cohen, the "dirty dozen", etc.). This is an outrageous episode among her many screw-ups.

Joe Friday said...

Again, I am not defending the mayor and I understand your/their frustration. But, to play devil's advocate here; what if the mayor was being given wrong information about the situation as well? I always use the example of this when people ask why I defend the mayor; the WWTP spill. There was a spill, it was reported to the mayor, who, in turn, reported it to the public. That is what we expect of her, is it not? Later, someone at the WWTP decides that they had plugged a wrong number in the formula and then spill was less than previously thought. She then reports this. Another blogger decides that she is "hiding" something. If she had been trying to hide something, don't you think she would have picked a lower number in the first place?

Anonymous said...

she said she accepted full responsibility whatever she intended that to mean

Joe Friday said...

Anon930,
I think you're missing the point. He wants to know what the mayor has to do with THIS POST. Unless you are making her responsible for this lie too, then the comment was just a hair off topic.

Anonymous said...

Joe and company, or Jen, or whoever is suffering from hypoxia there,

I don't care about the mayor or the anyone one else in office, in Salisbury. Answer the question on THIS story "will the REAL Photographer Please Stand Up". Right now the message you are sending on THIS STORY is that the mayor is responsible for Joe and Tim lying.

Man-Up Joe and Tim!!! Apoligize, say you were wrong and move-on. If not, go away, hide in your holes, and lick your yellow bellies.

End of story.

Mike W.
From.....

Anonymous said...

Mike W.

It's really ironic. But for a bogus photo that the Daily Times hyped to the heavens, Duke Shannahan would have defeated Barrie in 2002 -- unfortunately, that didn't happen and the rest is our sad history here in Salisbury.

Anonymous said...

You're kidding right....(rolling my eyes)

Mike W.
From...Ah I give up. LoL

Joe Friday said...

Mike...sad part is no...I don't think they are kidding. Please excuse him. We ALL aren't like that on "this side"

Anonymous said...

I know Shooter...you would think the biggest news on the lower shore was the mayor. I know better. I just see that someone is totally obsessed with her.

I am getting such a kick out of this though.

Mike W.
Fr.....LoL

Anonymous said...

you do the posting, the commenter's rule the discussion looks to me like you have an obsession with albero i've never met tim but it seems pretty childish on your part to attack someone just because they post on a blog you don't like shit-shooter didn't your mommy ever tell you things just won't always go your way

Joe Friday said...

Actually, I was trying to point out that the other blogger was posting someone elses lie. Tim just happened to be the someone else. Why are you mad at me? I didn't tell the lie. Yeah, my "mommy" told me a whole bunch of stuff...one of which was stand up for what you believe in. And I am.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?