Thursday, May 22, 2008

Looks like Joe wants to Pick on Mike

What has got Joe all in a tizzy about Michael Swartz?  He's been hounding Michael on his site Monoblogue.  Here is a quote from Michael's post "Posting under the influence":

One thing I did figure out early on is that I can’t generally be a primary local news source, simply because I have a full-time job that I do during most of my waking hours. This website is simply my hobby/obsession and it can be a challenge to write so much and cover news too. While another local news-related blogger likes to brag he covers more stories than the local newspaper and its 200 employees, he should keep in mind that the vast majority of those people aren’t field reporters. If you count the number of co-contributors this particular blogger uses then the comparison of his forces against the number of reporters the paper employs is far more even.

And here was Joe's comment after a great suggestion:

Anybody who has to try to convince others that he is a somebody is in reality a nobody. The fact that the “other blogger” is trying so hard to convince himself that he is better than you shouts volumes.
Why don’t you just ignore the poor pathetic delusional fool?

Joe Albero Says: 
May 20th, 2008 at 11:23 am

O M G!

That has to be one of the most verbose posts you’ve done yet Michael. Get this too. I think I read about every 4th word, so I may have missed a lot but I just couldn’t help myself. Once I started dazing off and drooling, I knew I was almost asleep and I better pinch myself to stay awake.

Anyhow, why don’t you put up that e-mail I sent you last night from someone stating they were a Democrat and they were going to vote for Andy Harris because of my Blog.  That’s Influential Michael and that was my whole point.

Oh, as for the weight loss, congratulations. I’ve asked one of the Networks if they’d be willing to come up with a male Swan Show, interested? LOL

He sure is pushing on the personal attack.  I really don't see Michael as a public figure because of his blog, position on the Republican Committee, or Shorebird Fan Club.  Here is his attack yesterday under Michael's post "A pair of updates":

Joe Albero Says: 
May 21st, 2008 at 1:46 pm 

Michael, Michael, Michael!

With some 8 comments a week, I’m sure your beloved fans, (actually readers) can wait.

This post reminds me of a guy holding a phone conversation yet there’s no one at the other end of the phone.

Oh well, whatever suits you Michael. It’s a Carbonated Soda Party at the Shorebirds Fan Club Booth tonight. Woo, Hoo!

Thanks for the laugh today. By the way, is this a political post? I guess if you convinced one person to go to the Game to see you there I’d have to bow down and admit you’re influential, wouldn’t I?

Then there was these two comments under "Bad influence":

Joe Albero Says: 
May 20th, 2008 at 11:19 am 

We’ve seen Michael and the “low blows.” LOL Would you like one of those pics?

Joe Albero Says: 
May 19th, 2008 at 6:45 am 

“one can burn out quickly on doing a blog.”

Yeah, don’t kill yourself on that one post a day thing Michael. Once again you stayed away from the word and topic, “influential.” That’s OK though, you’ve finally answered my question without stressing yourself too much or becoming burned out. ROTFLMAO!

What do you think has his panties in a wad?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe is distressingly inadequate.

Anonymous said...

Showerhead Envy?

Anonymous said...

I think you mean "Wad"

Cuff-n-Stuff said...

Your right sorry my blonde roots peaked. I corrected. Forgive me.

Anonymous said...

Cuff & Stuff Inquires: "What do you think has his panties in a wad?"

Let me answer with a simple 5 word question.

Because he is a TURD?

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

Jihad Joe is a Blackmailing Bastard of Blowhardism

TomCat said...

It's just Mike's day to be picked on by Joe. I haven't figure out Joe's technique yet. Maybe he just pulls names out of a jar.

Historical Wit said...

Jo said he only read every 4th word. Thats funny cause I thought he could only read every 4th word.

Anonymous said...

He needs new people to harass.
You can only beat on someone for so long before there is no pain any longer!

Anonymous said...

He picks on people who intimidate him.

Michael Swartz said...

With all the more important things in the city and on his plate, why he worries about what I say is a mystery to me.

I'm more worried about the fishing he does for rumors and innuendo.

Anonymous said...

Joe Albero is so utterly and completely outclassed by Michael Swartz, it ain't even funny . . .

I think that is the source of Albero's discontent and the motivation for his continued jabs at Swartz . . .

He has a vague sense of this, but no clear understanding, so he jabs on and blogs on, unaware of the extent to which he is a Shore-wide laughingstock . . .

Latest funny thing? Albero has retained three (count 'em) three lawyers for his perjury case, all of whom are good people and good lawyers, generally, but none of whom could fairly be considered regular or even occasional criminal defense practitioners. One's a civil litigator and the other two engage primarily in domestic matters. But then it's my understanding that Albero made the rounds to a number of seasoned criminal defense attorneys, all of whom turned him away. Go figure . . .

The train wreck continues unabated, building up more and more breakneck speed, ratcheting up the crazy with each passing day . . .

So sad, yet so entertaining . . .

Anonymous said...

Anon 6:15 got it right. Micheal is a better writer, has better standing in the community, has much, much more class, and knows how to punctuate correctly. (?) Joe knows he is outclassed so he needs to browbeat him down so that no comparisons are made. I would rather read one post a day, written and thought out well, then multiple posts that are thrown together carelessly and aren't really about informing the public but are about serving the goals of the writer. So Micheal...do what you do. It's NONE of "his" business at all. In fact, NOTHING that "he" writes about is any of "his" business.

Michael Swartz said...

Thank you very much, I appreciate the kind words.

Wonder if I'll be in any of Joe's Shorebirds pix from this evening? Look for a guy in a purple Shorebirds jersey, #18 on the back. (There were actually two of us wearing those Relay for Life jerseys from 2007 though.)

I have pix of tonight too, but those are for my personal collection and at least one future Shorebird of the Week.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?