Monday, May 5, 2008

Try Again?


Any more photos you got to pull out of your "you know what"? This picture was ALSO found on Snopes. That particular post was last updated on April 28th, 2005, so we KNOW those photos came from the April 26th Al Asad sandstorm. Maybe there was another one that came through on August (I can't find anything), but the pics Tim is providing are not from then. Sorry.

Is it enough that the nephew served? To me it is as I am grateful to anyone who does. However, lets remember that while the nephew is back at Johnson and Johnson, there are others who are not home yet after serving multiple tours already. Let's remember them too!

14 comments:

titfortat said...

Notice that to question the validity of Joey's picture posting, is to question ones patriotism.

Anonymous said...

I was going to suggest that JJ's doing this to yank your chain. But then I realized.....JJ's not that smart.

Joe Friday said...

Well, if that's the plan, he is only succeeding in making himself and his "new" blog look silly. Instead of a correction he posts another picture from the same set? Nope, I'd agree, he's not that smart. LOL.

Anonymous said...

While I commend what that kid did over there in Iraq. I have to say that his uncle and Joe are complete idiots to even suggest he took those pictures. If he did. Then he's a internationally known photographer.

Oh Joe, by the way check out this link, http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/sandstorm.asp you will see the rest of the photos that the kid took.

Nice pictures by the way.

Mike W.
From the other side.....

Anonymous said...

What a moron! You're kidding me, right? I can't believe the levels of stupidity that this douche delivers on a daily basis!

Whereas and Respectfully, of course!

P.S. Flowers threaten a lawsuit tiny? Nice back peddling there after whipping your 5 followers into a frenzy over nothing. I hope he crushes you.

Anonymous said...

Corrections similar to those posted here @ 12:42 were delivered to Joe Albero's blog and he is ignoring them. He is posting "atta boys" from his father in law Art Goetz in the same thread @ 1:13 PM and sitting on the picture corrections so as not to embarrass Tim Chaney.

Yes... he's quite the journalist.

Anonymous said...

these pictures were taken by Photo credit: U.S. Department of Defense, Cpl. Alicia M. Garcia, U.S. Marine Corps

google her name and you will clearly see that she is named as the photographer also-- they are copyrighted
Tim Chaneys nephew-god bless you for defending our country- but your uncle is an idot!!1

Tim Chaney said...

From BLACKFIVE

These pictures of a sandstorm descending on Al Asad at about 60mph are via Marine First Sergeant John W.

update: I just received an email saying that the pictures were taken by Mr. Walter, a civilian contractor at Al Asad.

Then from off the cuff we have "these pictures were taken by Photo credit: U.S. Department of Defense, Cpl. Alicia M. Garcia, U.S. Marine Corps."


So which is it? So you are saying the original post at BLACKFIVE is a lie?

Get your source to give the name of the sole person in the series of pictures posted last at BlackFive, who is the only person in all of those photographs?

I'll even make it easy on you, he has a unique name with the initials DOJ. Come on since you know it all, what's his name? Thanks for that link to remind me, I deleted all but the best two long ago and saved them for screen savers. So again, what is the lone soldier's name in the last photo? There is only one person in all of those photo's surely the photographer would know, you can't even agree who took the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Nice try Tim, but this is not Albero's blog where the moderator is willing to actively suppress critical comments to cover your silly, sloppy, inaccurate rear end.

Whoever they are by, they certainly *aren't* by your nephew as you originally purported them to be.

"Joe, this is a picture my nephew took of an oncoming sandstorm in Iraq."

This wholesale theft of unattributed articles and images has practically gotten to be a habit with Joe, but to see you succumbing to the same nonsense is sad.

When I met you at a party some time ago you struck me as a fairly bright man with some degree of integrity, but now you decide to attempt this pathetic, arm waving defense of your errors. It would have been far more honorable to simply say "Hey, sorry about that, I made a mistake", but that is apparently not in your lexicon. You prefer this asinine bluff and bluster.

Anonymous said...

hey tim, check out the following website

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3A*%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7SUNA&q=usmc+alicia+garcia+sandstorm+pictures&btnG=Search+Images

if your not smart enough to pull it up, then just google "usmc alicia garcia sandstorm pictures" and you should be able to figure out that your full of crap buddy


rotflmao X10

Anonymous said...

according to usmc garcia-- he wasnt a soldier- he was a contractor--- asshole

Anonymous said...

http://www.talkingproud.us/Military042905.html

check out that site mr.chaney

Joe Friday said...

What the hell are you talking about? I never said the pictures were a lie...I said your nephew did not take them...UNLESS (if the Black Five post was right), Mr. Walter is your nephew. YOU SAID the date on that 230KB JPEG photo is 8/6/2005 10:31. I'm telling YOU the sandstorm in the pictures occurred in April. I didn't mention Garcia's name...someone else did. IF your nephew is the photographer, is there any particular reason why I can't find credit given to anyone besides this Mr. Walter? Oh wait...here's another site where these pictures are. This site claims the pics were taken by a Brown and Root employee http://www.willisms.com/archives/2005/05/iraqi_sandstorm.html

On this site, Steve Brown takes credit for the pics
http://mysteve.com/BelieveItorNot/2005/08/sand-storm-in-al-asad-iraq

"Big J & Little E" took credit for them here
http://www.thegtb.co.uk/Powerpoint/iraqsandstorm.pps

Oh wait..another contractor "story".
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=2608

Enough? Can't blame me for being a little skeptical can you?

Anonymous said...

Chaney+Albero=ASSHOLES!
Simple Math.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?