Monday, December 31, 2007

The Daily Times

Joe has a picture of a newspaper clipping on his blog today. I wonder where he got it? I thought he was supposed to cancel his subsription a couple of weeks ago.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subscription/Perscription...the Delmar Dumbass used that pea-sized brain of his to obviously cancel something.

Sadly for the rest of world, it appears he failed to get it right...AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO! You added Site Meter! I thought you didn't care about your numbers/hits? Thanks for proving you're a liar.

Joe Friday said...

Where you been Anon1046. I've had it since the blogs inception. It tells you a bunch of stuff, not just how many. Would it make you feel better if I removed it?

Anonymous said...

Oh no, keep it up. You said in the beginning you didn't want it or need it. Just checking your dredibility, that's all.

Anonymous said...

credibility, sorry.

Joe Friday said...

Copy and paste the proof that I said that. When I said I did not care about my hits and comments, the meaning of that was that it is not my main goal. I think you misunderstood. Everyone who has a blog (I think everyone) has a site meter. It is a useful tool, but I do not rely on it as a way to pat myself on the back. Even if I got no more than 10 hits a day, if any one of those visitors was able to post without being called an idiot (if they ever got their comment to show at all), that would be worth my time. If any one of those visitors could look at the posts on Albero's site in a new light, that would be worth it to me. I am not trying to discourage anyone from reading his posts. In fact, I'd like everyone to read his posts. Then, I'd like you to go to the sites he claims as "Anti-Albero" and look at the their stories, presented in another way. They are usually very informative and enlightening. They are not all about slamming Albero in a personal way, but Joe chooses to think that because they don't necessarily agree with him. He discourages people from visiting those sites because he can't stand the thought of his readers actually being educated from someone other than himsef. You remember that man behind the curtain? He had a whole town believing that he was the greatest of all for a long time and what he said was truth. It took others to pull the curtain back and expose the truth. The pro-maryland bloggers are those people.

Anonymous said...

HELL YEA!!

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

Shooter,

You are correct. There is a difference between obsessing over "hits" and just being curious over what posts generate the most traffic.

Looking at comment counts is a very poor substitute for real analytic tools.

Of course, some bloggers need that juice from the hit count to counter their "LDS" obsession (that is Little Dick Syndrome).

Soapbox said...

Just for the record, I do not now nor have I ever had a site meter. It matter not to me the number of hits I get.

From what I understand the meters are not really that reliable anyway.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?