Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Moderate? Or No Moderate?

After the comment regarding Ralph's Veggieland site and the way he moderates, I thought I would throw this out there.

Is my method ok? Or would you rather see no moderation at all. I have never rejected a comment unless requested to do so by the author. That has certainly come in handy on those occasions. Just wanted some thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you don't moderate and you allow anon posting you are asking for trouble. Take a look at sbynewsunedited if you want to see!
Keep moderating, to get the garbage out if nothing else.

Joe Friday said...

You are right. Maybe I will have to reject one someday. So far, so good though.

Anonymous said...

I don't moderate, But I don't allow Anon posting. That does seem to work good for me.But I get very few "hits" because I'm nothing without Joe.

Soapbox said...

Keep it the way it is shooter.
I allowed annon. comments at one time and it got out of hand. I still have to moderate and reject some now and than, but since Albero "quit visiting" my site I don't seem to have much of a problem.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?