Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Might Have Known

"What started out as a great gesture, turned into a Media Photo Op for the SFD. Each Fire Department came to the Washington Street Neighborhood about an hour after they were expected to arrive and started knocking on doors at 8:00 PM."

Un-freakin-believable. Joe, who is always bitching about no other media being available for community events, is now bitching because they were present at last night's "After the Fire" program. What the hell is this guy looking for? I'm guessing he's pissed because this time, he can't say "I come up with the story even though the DT has 200+ employees". He still finds the opportunity to try and put another inch on his pedestal in one of his comments: Make that 4 because I was there too and I'll get more coverage than any of them. That's right, my audience is now greater than most and that's the whole reason you're pulling together every source you can other than mine to cover your ass.

In order for the SFD to prove the fact that this was nothing more than than a media circus, he says this:

If it continues tonight, tomorrow night and several nights to follow, then I'll personally believe this was truly intended to help the citizens to better protect their Families. If it was a one knight stand, what a crock. If anyone out there gets a knock on their door this evening or the following, etc., please let me know because accountability is important here, saving lives is critical.

I beg to differ. Since when are smoke detectors in homes the RESPONSIBILITY of the fire department? Are we trying to say that the police departments should be responsible for installing breathalyzers in everyone's vehicle...just in case the driver drinks and drives? NO. That is the responsibility of the driver. The SFD was not only doing something nice for the citizen's of Salisbury, but also trying to inform the public about the importance of having working smoke detector's in their home. I'm sure that is why the media was invited. What happened on Washington Street was a very tragic thing. But it was not the fire department's fault. Joe speaks of accountability, where is the accountability of the homeowners and renters? EVERY fire department offers free smoke detectors. All people have to do are get off their butts and go get them. I'm sure if you call and need one installed they will do that too. But, to expect them to go door to door each and every night to prove that they want to truly protect the citizens is absolutely ludicrous. It is a nice thought, but a little...no make that a lot...unrealistic.

20 comments:

gull92 said...

He'd be the first to bitch if someone died because fire fighters were delayed in responding because they were out on their nightly fire detector installations!

Anonymous said...

Where was your boy Lt. Larry Dodd (fire inspector) last night Joe? Where was he at yesterday when A/C Gladwell was preparing for the this mission? I’ll answer it for you Joe, hiding like he always does afraid to get his hands dirty or do any work. Oh, I’ve got my kids tonight so I can’t come, yea right likely excuse. I guess if I had kids I could use that excuse to. My point here is the head of inspections and fire safety didn’t participate on once and he’s your boy. Maybe he’s still pissed about not getting promoted. Thanks Booger that’s really helping the community.


I posted this earlier on Joe’s site for certain it would not get published. One of Joe’s sources of information is Larry Dodd, ex county councilman, Mr. fire inspector, scared of fire, the list goes on and on. Really such a tragedy shouldn’t be argued as it has been by Albero but it seems he finds fault in everything. Most of us are very upset with the outcome of the Washington St. fire yet we have to defend ourselves and our actions to please Joe. Well F*ck you Joe.

Anonymous said...

You have to admit, he wasn't invited and he was still there. Give credit where credit is due.

Joe Friday said...

I do try to give credit where credit is due. Hence this site. The only credit I ever see Joe give anyone, without stabbing them in the back, (yet) is Mike Lewis and Debbie Campbell. Joe was there to find fault with what the department did, not to inform the public or make public safety his top priority. If that was the case than he would have been pleased to see the that the other media was there to send a wider spread message. Instead, he still tells us his site is the absolute greatest.

Anonymous said...

"Instead, he still tells us his site is the absolute greatest."

I didn't read that anywhere? Considering I have the right to my opinion as well, your article here is way off base. I saw it as a promotion for the fire department too. I just think some of you are afraid to face the truth and see things for what they are. The followers will believe anything their leaders tell them. Look back at history.

I'm not saying the intentions of many weren't the best, they were. However, I believe the Chief was trying to get as much attention for the fire department as possible and it is always after a fire like the one on Washington St. that gains them the most attention.

Ask any other professional in the field, that is the best time to stand out within the community. So in my opinion as well, it was a selfish act yet they used smoke detectors to attempt to look good.

TomCat said...

Looks like Joe visited your blog! ANON 12:00 PM.

Anonymous said...

Anon 12:00,

Thanks for your comment. I'll be sure to remind my family next time that they wake up and find me gone that it was for selfish reasons that I and my brothers tried to save someone's life and or property. It truly is all about me, why else would I put some else before the ones I love.

Many of us went home Sunday and hugged our children and had to explain to them why we were sad. Many of us returned last night to remember the deceased and to honor them in hopefully stopping another tragic event in their neighborhood again. Hope you, too never have to bear this yoke as we do now.

Next time since you feel loyal to Joe sign your name and make it real. God bless those who have past and may everyone have Peace this Christmas.
Tri Townsend
GMman, Second Generation Volunteer

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Many of us went home Sunday and hugged our children and had to explain to them why we were sad.

Go get another profession, you wussy.

Anonymous said...

SN&V,

If you went to the store and bought $25.00 worth of items and you gave them a $100.00 bill and they gave you $20.00 in change, would you be satisfied?

In today's society we are all to be accountable and we are expected to do things properly. How would you grade someone that gave you that kind of change?

If the City goes out and spends $10 Mil on a new fire station and it's only worth 4 Mil, I guess that's ok with you too, right?

I'm personally very glad some of these other blogs are out there to show off the real idiots because that's what you represent.

Yes, lives were lost in a very tragic fire recently. However, fire fighters are not life savers. Life guards on the beaches save more lives than any fire fighter will ever dream of in their lifetime.

In the mean time, some of us disagree with how things are being run and handled in the Salisbury fire department. The leadership is not doing anything for the black community and in fact are the ones calling us names that are completely uncalled for and unacceptable. I have yet to see this site discuss the fact that the fire fighters have admitted to doing such. The only ones sugar coating anything are the people on these other blogs.

Oh, the brother and sister thing. I've seen plenty of those brothers and sisters ragging on LC, LD and even the fire fighter whos wife was recently allegedly raped, ragging and back stabbing each one of them. You know nothing about brotherhood and should be ashamed of yourselves.

I ask kindly that you please stop using the term brotherhood as Salisbury knows nothing of the sort. I don't trust a one of you.

Historical Wit said...

Bunch of hate here. No good will come of this...

gull92 said...

Joe,

Why do you hate everyone so much? And, have the balls to post with your ID instead of posting Anon all of the time. Practice what you preach!

Joe Friday said...

Anon 219,
Why don't you tell that to the firefighter families of 911.

Anonymous said...

straight shooter,

stop the bullshit with 911. This is Salisbury, not NYC. Wa Wa Wa!

gull92 said...

Joe, excuse me again, Anon,

Don't attack Straight Shooter - the comment was a generalization about all firefighters - read the quote below...

"However, fire fighters are not life savers"

It didn't say SFD fire fighters are not life savers. Its a general statement about all fire fighters.

Anonymous said...

I have to ask why it is that a certain few of your posters straight shooter try to battle wits with the uneducated public about the fire service in general. Doing this is like having a screen door on a submarine. Until these folks walk in the shoes of the men & women of the fire service, they are only going on the opinion of 1 mean, hateful, spiteful man who is also uneducated. He proves with every typed word that not even the millions of dollars he claims to have can buy him the smarts he needs to go through every day life.
Respectfully,
DP

Anonymous said...

Tried earlier today to post similar post but it must have been to true for Joe to post after his rank on cameras in every group, self promoting. This way others can still see it.

Hey Joe,
Back to your cameras in every group you saw and pointed out in your long distance shots. Picture 1 cameraman Pat Davis, 2 none in group because I was in that group, 3 real blurry but Pat again, 4 none there it was at command post where you should have asked Jimmy for your info, 5 LOOK OUT IT'S Wayne, and the WBOC cameraman (who left following that visit), and number 6 Pat Davis AGAIN! No wonder he snapped shots back at you because he felt stalked. Where are all these cameras, the older gentleman that you spoke to offer help, did they have a camera? You didn't have a picture of that 3rd group. Don't forget the other crews you missed. Now who is wrong!
Peace to all,
Tri Townsend
GMman, 2nd Generation Volunte

Joe Friday said...

Anon619,
That is why I have this blog. It seems that some commenters try to battle wits with the uneducated, spiteful man on his blog and they are not allowed to do so. I was hoping to open doors to those who want to be heard as well as some who are willing to look at the other side of things. To gain more of an understanding. Maybe this is happening, maybe not. If nothing else, it is therapeutic...at least for me.

Anonymous said...

You will not believe this but Joe thinks he owns the fire department!

Anonymous said...

Here's my take. Smoke Detectors ARE NOT the responsibility of the Fire Department. People bitch and moan that the government is always into their business, makeing them where seatbelts, outlawing smoking blah blah blah. The list goes on. The Fire Department, in what I consider to be a fine gesture, canvassed the affected neighborhood to provide and test Smoke Detectors. Was this a media photo op event? In my opinion it was but for the RIGHT reasons. Sure they invited the media there. With limited manpower (the majority of the SFD is volunteer for Chrisakes)it's logistically impossible for them to cover the entire city doing this. Sooooo....they hit the affected area and by doing so, the news media gets the word out there so that those areas that didn't get a knock on their door are made aware the smoke detectors are available and where to go and who to call if they need one.

In closing, I'd like to say that I truly would like to see this puke of a human being (if that's what you want to call him) get his. I was always told what goes around comes around. I sincerely hope his is comeing. SOON.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?