Monday, December 31, 2007

The Truth?

I'm glad no one bet against me last night and now you are too late. Two new posts regarding the SFD hit Joe's "news" blog this morning.

"They also claimed that the boat sunk because of heavy rains. NOT! It did NOT rain heavy enough to sink a boat the other night, it's all bullshit. Yes, you heard me right, it's all bullshit!NOW, if the SFD wants to tell the TRUTH as to what actually happened, I'd be happy to Post it. However, like I said, they'll stop at nothing to get everything they want and they'll do so even with your DONATIONS. "

It didn't rain enough to sink a boat? Maybe things were all sunshine and love at the Albero compound, but from where I was, it sure as hell rained enough. My ditches and part of my yard are still full of water. So, what is the REAL TRUTH, Joe? And, how do you know what the REAL truth is? I know, I know, "I was there and you were not." Camped out by the dock in the sunshine watching the boat sink?

7 comments:

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Straight shooter, we live in a world that has fires. And those fires have to be fought with boats. Whose gonna keep those boats from sinking? Who's going to do it? Joe Albero? Art Goetz?

Joe Albero has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for that boat and you defend the SFD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Joe Albero knows: that the death of that boat, while tragic, probably saved lives. And his existence, while grotesque, saves ... well, I am not sure quite what it saves.

We don't want the truth. We can't handle the truth. Because deep down in places we only talk about at key parties, we need Joe Albero on that wall (of shame). We want Joe Albero on that wall (of shame).

We use words like home, town and community... we use these words as the backbone to a life spent building something other than flourescent light bulb condoms. He uses them as a punchline. We have neither the time nor inclination to explain ourselves to a man (boy?) who walks and photographs under the very blanket of freedom we provide, then questions the manner in which we provide it!

gull92 said...

Well said, GC!

Anonymous said...

You know its funny how he says,why should all taxpayers pay for the boat.HEY they pay there taxes too!!Thats like saying,Ok we need another fire engine at station 16 because of the downtown area buildings being so old and close to each other,Now joe is saying no to to the boat,well what if a taxpayer in a different part of the city say's NO to a new fire engine because it wasn't bought to save his home.I guess joey boys building would have to burn to the ground.But then again I guess he would then be saying its the fire departments fault because they knew they needed the fire engine!!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing the department can do to please this guy.

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

gull92,

Thanks, but I actually adapted Col Nathan Jessup's speech from "A Few Good Men", for that.

It was a (possibly lame) attempt at sarcasm.

Oh, and just in case someone wants to report me for a "copwritered" violation, as sarcasm, it is protected under the Fair Use provisions of United States Copywright Law, 18 USC.

Joe Friday said...

shot,
He would be saying that is didn't matter. He has insurance and all of his valuables fit in a safe deposit box. However, if it did burn to the ground, you can bet your ass the fire department would be held responsible no matter the cause.

Joe Friday said...

I didn't think it lame at all GP. And, Joe would have to know where it came from before he could report it. And that is highly unlikely.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?