Sunday, December 23, 2007

Open Discussion #9

Although this comment was in reference to the SFD, it is not one that I must give credit to Salisbury News for. I think it deserves an open discussion. It is well written and informative. Perhaps we should ALL take the advice of this author and do our own investigating.

Anonymous said...
I wish someone could explain to me why it is that a select few are so determined not to support the volunteer fire service in their community. Not just Salisbury. It is not the City of Salisbury that is sending these donation letters to the general public it is the volunteer corporations of the City of Salisbury Fire Department. It is against the law for any municipality to solicit(sp?) for donations. The fact that you choose not to donate is your choice. However eventually the lack of funds the volunteer corporations have to work with will cause the city's equipment to eventually become outdated or in disrepair. The fire service will still respond to your emergency but lack of funding will cause down the road, problems for the fire department in general. See the PAID administration will then have to increase their yearly budget for equipment replacement because the corporations were unable to donate to the municipal side of the organization. As an example, Joe would lead you all to believe that the museum was an unnecessary expense and part of the 10 million dollar price tag. But if you bother to do your own investigation the money for this part of the structure was totally funded by the three corporations of the Salisbury Fire Department. I ask that, instead of relying on one man's say so do your own investigations and ask someone from the volunteer administrations just what they are "Giving" to the building fund. Be your own judge.Before anyone "ASSUMES" I am not Chief See, Deputy Chief Hoppes or Deputy Chief Gordy. I have no connections with the SFD. I do live in Salisbury however and am very close to what’s going on.I put this on Joe's site but am not sure if he will post it so that is why I'm putting it here.
Respectfully,DP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats true.All the tools on the two new engines were bought with volly money and when the truck is ordered the same thing will be done.I guess some of these people don't know how much a thermal camera costs!Hell they probly don't ever know what one is.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?