Sunday, December 23, 2007

SFD Open Discussion #3

The following post is from Salisbury News, December 23, 2007:


"The City Of Salisbury Fire Department Asks For Donations In Hebron District"


"["Hey Joe,I got a SFD donation request envelope the other day and it ended up in the circular file. I am NOT in Salisburys EMS response area, I am in Hebrons. They can't even get the areas straight. I'm glad I'm in Hebrons area, they come down the street as a group and leave the envelopes. They will even talk to you if you're home and they're nice to the kids. I have nothing against SFD, but come on! Why in the world would you try to solicit donations from a house you're not jurisdictionally able to respond to? These folks that don't know better will donate, think that they are covered for EMS and then when Hebron responds (which they certainly will) you are slapped with a fee because you haven't joined (I still don't get this whole pay in advance EMS thing, but I'm a city girl). Just wanted to give you that tidbit of info. Merry Christmas to you and yours." ]"

10 comments:

joe albero said...

Thanks for advertising the disgust of the citizenry of Salisbury. Double the advertisement of people throwing out their donation paperwork. Hook, Line & Sinker!

Joe Friday said...

What I am doing is opening the line for discussion...ALL OF IT! And, your welcome.

Anonymous said...

Fire district lines dont line up with zip code or city limit lines. Sometimes things like this happen. No big deal!

Anonymous said...

I’ve always be curious how you made your fortune Joe, thanks for enlightening me. To be truthful I thought you had a pile of money left to you or something along that line. I have to admit I’ll give you a pat on the back for your success. I partied four years while away at college but evidently I learned something on good investing while I was there. Thanks to that I have a very good lump set aside, growing every day.

joe albero said...

There's an open line on my Blog. No need to steal my work. See you in Court.

Joe Friday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Friday said...

Joe,
Then perhaps you could tell me why my comments from both anonymous and under Off The Cuff have never reached your blog?

I will not remove the posts just because you say so. I have not stolen. I have used quotation marks properly and I have given your site credit. AS far as I can tell, I have not plagiarized or done anything illegal. If this was truly against the law, do you not think the DT could sue you for posting clips from their site?


But, if you really think so, please have your attorney e-mail me with his name and phone number and I will contact him/her promptly.

You told me I would be hearing from someone the other day and as of the time of this writing, I have not.

Anonymous said...

Joe always threatens every one with legal action, but nothing ever happens, Look at all his threats against Wayne and what he said he was going to get. I'll be surprised if Wayne gets more than a $50. fine, if that. Im sure it was worth that much to have Joe cower behind his grandson. Heck, I'll pay the 50 bucks for him.

Inside Looking Out said...

The way i understood it from someone close to someone actually involved is, this year they went back to a broadbase of mailings and that mistakes WERE expected. The listings will be narrowed and more focused in following years. Of course i realize that the ONLY ONES in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD that make mistakes is the City of Salisbury, nobody else ever does. Mr. Albero and his "friends" live in a perfect society outside of the City where mistakes never occur, they are Gods and should be viewed as perfection in motion.

gull92 said...

I live in Fruitland's service area and support them every time they ask, but if I received a donation request from SFD, I sure would send them something! I don't understand the big deal.

How do you enjoy your Turkey on Thanksgiving Day?

How close will the Presidential Election be in Electoral Votes?

If Joe gets advertisers, would you take your business else where because of it?

Who are you voting for in the 1st District? Andy Harris or Frank Kratovil

Has Joe gone to far with the leaked info on the deceased woman found in the Industrial Park?

Is Joe Stalking or In Love with Gary?

Should we back off the verbal attacks on family members unless they are involved with the posting?